New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Recoil Pad on the Merkel
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I sent my 3 inch, 12 bore to New England Custom Guns for a new recoil pad. It took awhile, but very happy with it. The stock is not cut.

Thin pad that is 3/4 inch.

Posts: 10608 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Foxhunter223
posted Hide Post
Looks like a good job. Have to be happy with that.

Pete

Posts: 231 | Location: Northern NSW Australia | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am very much. Thank you.

Posts: 10608 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love red pads...ala the older Griffin & Howe rifles.

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A good friend of mine on here wanted to know if I finally broke down and bought a Griffen and Howe or a Sleadgy (sp, you guys know) when I sent him those pics.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Looks good! tu2

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't be happy, no need to butcher the pad to get the screws through it. Unless using plugs in the screw holes it is easy to make invisible cuts to insert and tighten the screws holding the pad. Bit of a shame but I guess it serves its purpose.

Like so, mounted on my Mauser 404

Posts: 3826 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have seen a lot of pads with obvious plugs. I have no issue with it.

They are not prominent. Mashed right in.

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
I have seen a lot of pads with obvious plugs. I have no issue with it.

They are not prominent. Mashed right in.

Your photos were not that clear and I thought I could see just screw holes. If they are plugs then while I'm not particularly keen on plugs myself, they are what they are and I apologize for inferring butchering of screw holes, a practice that is too frequently observed with many a pad mounting where there is no need for it with a little care taken.

Posts: 3826 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ten four, Eagle. Be well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I sent my 3 inch, 12 bore to New England Custom Guns for a new recoil pad. It took awhile, but very happy with it. The stock is not cut.

Thin pad that is 3/4 inch.

Sorry, and I have dozens of Decelerator pads installed. That one is not right. I would complain and ask for a refund. I find that weird for NECG. And it shouldn’t take more than a week to merely put on the pad when no cut is involved. Just my take.

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pad is not decl. Pads come in from Germany. Have you had anything shipped from overseas lately? I have no issues with the Pad.

Pad is doing the job very well. I shot a man limit of geese and 20 rounds patterning 3 inch, 12 bore, 1 1/2 loads 4 dram equivalent loads. No bruising or discomfort.

I ain’t sending it off again.

Take Care

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pad is not decl. Pads come in from Germany. Have you had anything shipped from overseas lately? I have no issues with the Pad.

Pad is doing the job very well. I shot a man limit of geese and 20 rounds patterning 3 inch, 12 bore, 1 1/2 loads 4 dram equivalent loads. No bruising or discomfort.

I ain’t sending it off again.

Take Care

If you’re happy, that’s all that matters. Sorry I was so critical.

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote