THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Would an A5 come factory fit with a slug barrel?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would an A5 come factory fit with a slug barrel?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey Guys,
I've a friend who's father in law is going to start unloading some guns, but nearly all of it is stuff that I don't have any interest in.

This one gun doesn't make sense to me, but that's probably more because of me than because of it.

It is a 'Light Twelve' and the barrel is marked made in Belgium, but it is shorter and has rifle sights.

Think this is how it left the factory? Looks possibly unfired, and is about as attractive as an A5 can get. Any value estimates?

Posts: 1300 | Location: South Puget Sound, WA | Registered: 16 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$550-600...ish
Round knob grip ?
Blonde color stock ?

DRSS Chapuis 9.3 x 74 R
RSM. 416 Rigby
RSM 375 H&H

Posts: 1293 | Location: Catskill Mountains N.Y. | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can’t give a value, but yes they did come with sort, sight barrels.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/899906844

They are a few on gunbroker.

Posts: 10786 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"Buck Special"

Posts: 3664 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
condition and location are the 2 main factors in price... with internet sales and marketing being what it is,,,, in 80-90% condition, (carried, shot, no missing blue).. i'd start AT $1200-1500 and see what happens...in a Browning collectors group, you'd find a buyer pretty quick..

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2826 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Buck Special"

I have owed one with additional barrels since the early 1970s. It has taken alot of game (deer, pheasants, grouse, squirrels, ducks, etc,).
Very well made
If it is like new there will be a market especially if made in Belgium.
Jim

Posts: 339 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 January 2008Reply With Quote