Notify
Tools

My new shotgun (pics)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted
I got my new shotgun today. jumping
It is a beretta 687 in 20ga. with 28" barrels and AAA fancy wood. It is a joel etchen special. What do you guys think?

Posts: 705 | Location: MIDDLE TENNESSEE | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
THAT is a nice stick of wood!

I'm sure it will shoot as good as it looks.

Congratulations.

Kyler

Posts: 2504 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gordy
posted Hide Post
Beautiful gun Love the wood
regards
Dan

Posts: 45 | Location: nfld canada | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think Shooting Sportsman had an article on auto stockmaking by Cole, which does a lot of custom Beretta work. The blanks are provided by Beretta aqpparently and have the same sort of wavy linework of the grain. Nice stuff unless you have some other lust for wood patterns or species.

That engraving looks rather Baroque-ish and is commonly found in more developed form on old armor.

Posts: 146 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 14 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thornell:

This very old (retired) shotgunner felt like grabbing that shotgun and heading out for some ruffed grouse hunting! Oh, wait! I just remembered. You would kill me if I brought back that beautiful stock all covered with scratches! It is a truly nice looking shotgun -but I would be afraid to carry it afield. Fact. Smiler

Posts: 619 | Location: The Empire State | Registered: 14 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WOW what beuatiful wood nice gun too

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Posts: 1026 | Location: UPSTATE NY | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the nice comments fellas.

Gerry, this gun will be no safe queen! I plan to shoot skeet this weekend, and it will be in the flooded timber in the weeks to come. The first scrath or ding will hurt a bit, but it is bought to be used.

Posts: 705 | Location: MIDDLE TENNESSEE | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
The perfect setting for that new beauty is Argentina, where Juan Pozzi and Alberto Foerster will stand behind you and keep your chambers full while you blaze away. cheers

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RandyWakeman
posted Hide Post
I think gorgeous. beer

Posts: 375 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
That is one beautiful gun. I too would be hesitant to take it "out". Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice Chukar hunting gun. Id love to hike up steep volcanic rock canyons and take a couple headers wilest carrying that beauty Big Grin

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
beautifull ! you must be very happy !

Leeboy

Posts: 26 | Location: Hampshire UK | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted Hide Post
Leeboy, I am really happy with it! I have now got the 28 ga. barrels too, and have put over a thousand rounds through it. The only thing I need now is a set of .410 barrels.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How much did the extra barrels cost. They can cost a fortune over here. I've got a 687 silver pigeon 3 sporter in 12g with 28" barrels and I fancied a set of 30"s but they cost sooo much.

Leeboy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
AWESOME!!!

Now do the right thing and keep it forever, as you will never be able to replace it. Have fun!

Eddie

Posts: 72 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: 07 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted Hide Post
Leeboy, I got the extra barrels and forearm for $700US, but they are matching seriel numbers. I would think you should be able to find some for a reasonable price. Check Joel Etchen out, he may have a set he could send you.

www.joeletchenguns.com

Eddie, I don't plan on parting with it anytime soon.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip but unfortunately i cant import them.

Leeboy