New
Find
Notify
Tools

benelli m1 90 question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
12 ga. this gun at 40 yards puts the top of the pattern at point of aim sighting down the barrel. weather on a bench rest or standing. if it didn't have a vent rib I would bend the barrel. it annoys me that it shoots so low. it is a black plastic stocked gun and at this point im not opposed to screwing a raised cheek piece on it. what options, ideas can anyone offer or what would you do for it? thank you for any input

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just a thought. Even though over the years many models were introduced. The heart pretty much stayed the same. I would call Benelli’s service department and see if you can purchase a buttstock from later models with the adjustment shims etc.. and make it work on your current M1. It is a heck of a shotgun once it’s dialed in for fit. I had one and would never have gotten ridden of it if it was a lefty.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thank you mlfguns I will check with benelli

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Phil, I had the same problem with an O/U 10 gauge. I sent the barrels to Vicki, with Keen sights. After supplying how much I wanted to move the pattern, she added a tapered rib on top of my existing rib. It patterned exactly where I wanted it, and has been trouble free for over 10 years.

A phone call to her, and she could explain much better than I can. She is wonderful to work with!

https://www.keensights.com/about-us-1.html

Andy3

Posts: 108 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 29 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thank you Andy.those ribs look pretty good.i will give them a call.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
talked to vicki today and when I get the numbers together will have them make a rib and I will put it on. then i'll either get the stock shims or add on to the cheek piece. thank you Andy and mlfguns for the advice.