New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 486 Parallelo
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I happened across a guy who needed to sell a NIB Beretta Parallelo SxS 28 gauge, English grip, splinter forearm, 28" barrels with five chokes in the factory Beretta plastic case. I know my older Berettas pretty well, but was unprepared with any research on this current model. His price sounded reasonable, so I bought it. Curious as to how much I should have paid. Anyone have a feel for what these are going for? And any comments on their shooting qualities?

Posts: 13214 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
Dealars are asking about 5300--for new

Used of course less--

https://www.gunbroker.com/Side...3&View=2&Ch-Gauge=28

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dealars are asking about 5300

Well, if they are getting what they are asking then I guess I did okay. Anyone with any experience on how these perform in the field?

Posts: 13214 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
have only shot the 486's in a demo setting

single trigger, pointed well , though a bit heavy for gauge
(imo, as are many of the newer 28's)

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This one weighs in at 6 lbs 2 oz. If it had 26" rather than 28" barrels it would probably be just under 6 lbs. I prefer 26" barrels (although European makers seem to like the longer ones.) Ideally, I'd like my 28 gauge doubles to come in around 5 lbs 10-12 oz. I only shoot 3/4oz target-type loads, so recoil isn't going to be a factor, anyway.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a difficult time shooting shotguns under 6 lbs.
I think the 486 is a very good well made shotgun. I especially like the rounded action and a modern length of pull.
My thinking on a side by side is sort of old school.
I like fixed chokes and double triggers.
I was hoping the 486 would be available in a 6 1/2 lb. 16 ga with fixed chokes and double triggers. I would buy one.
I prefer a 28" Barrel.
I would go hunting with that rascal. If you can find a spot south on San Antonio there are a lot of quail this year in the brush country.
Other good 28's in that price range are Parker reproductions and CSMC RBL's.
The 28 Ga. RBL's are typically considered the best of the RBL's.
Needless to say I like SXS's. It is a small market!

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with you eezridr about the CSMC RBL shotguns. I have one (launch edition) in 20 ga. and LOVE the gun. I don't know the current prices but I think it should be less than the Beretta.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote