New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone shoot a blaser f3
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Thinking of getting a blaser f3 - anyone shoot one.

Thanks,

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd love to have one.

Posts: 20082 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
I'd love to have one.

Me too but they are expensive - my last shotgun Wink

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
There we go again!

The advertising blurb for it keeps harping on about safety!

Just as with their rifles!

The most unsafe piece of junk coming out of Krautland! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66879 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
There we go again!

The advertising blurb for it keeps harping on about safety!

Just as with their rifles!

The most unsafe piece of junk coming out of Krautland! rotflmo

Given your family knows a little about shotgunning Wink

What do they shoot ? Anyone shoots or owns a f3 ?

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had a 32” sporter. Black action modern one. 9/10.
In UK can be had for £1500+ now

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have never shot a Blaser F3, but Mike, have you checked this out:

https://www.trapshooters.com/t...omer-service.564105/

Seems like they have a great reputation for customer service and triggers. Not sure what more you need to know! Everything else is just opinion.
If you can afford one, go for it. The joy and pride of ownership may well be worth it!
You don't say what discipline you want to shoot. Invite me down and I will help you break it in!!!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
I have never shot a Blaser F3, but Mike, have you checked this out:

https://www.trapshooters.com/t...omer-service.564105/

Seems like they have a great reputation for customer service and triggers. Not sure what more you need to know! Everything else is just opinion.
If you can afford one, go for it. The joy and pride of ownership may well be worth it!
You don't say what discipline you want to shoot. Invite me down and I will help you break it in!!!
Peter.

I most likely will be getting one. My gun range has 4 very simple throwing machines. I suck at skeet. So it will be something other than skeet.

Orlando sucks for shotgunning.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of JMJ888
posted Hide Post
I have a LH F3 32” and absolutely love it. Shot sporting clays competitively at a high level with it for a number of years and easily put 10-15k rounds through it a year...just keeps on ticking. Also use it heavily for duck hunting (non saltwater) and eventually going to get a set of 410 barrels for it for early teal hunting.

As a lefty, the gun fits me perfectly and the left handed lever is a feature I never knew I needed.

If you are going to spend the money go shoot a couple of different brands...I had a 34” Perazzi prior and liked it but just found the F3 to be a better fit for me. I have a fondness for the look of Krieghoff’s but to me if felt blocky like I was swinging a 2x4. The F3 just fit my shooting style better.

Having said any shotgun that fits you perfectly that you are proficient with will break targets better than one that doesn’t...regardless of price.

Posts: 436 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 27 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JMJ888:
I have a LH F3 32” and absolutely love it. Shot sporting clays competitively at a high level with it for a number of years and easily put 10-15k rounds through it a year...just keeps on ticking. Also use it heavily for duck hunting (non saltwater) and eventually going to get a set of 410 barrels for it for early teal hunting.

As a lefty, the gun fits me perfectly and the left handed lever is a feature I never knew I needed.

If you are going to spend the money go shoot a couple of different brands...I had a 34” Perazzi prior and liked it but just found the F3 to be a better fit for me. I have a fondness for the look of Krieghoff’s but to me if felt blocky like I was swinging a 2x4. The F3 just fit my shooting style better.

Having said any shotgun that fits you perfectly that you are proficient with will break targets better than one that doesn’t...regardless of price.

Thanks

Very informative. I need to make a decision of upgrading to a f3 from a beretta 682 is the right move. I don’t want to buy a f3 but prefer to shoot a beretta. I need to shoot both side by side.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike, what did you do?
Have you seen this:
https://www.shotgunlife.com/sh...-televised-tour.html
Quite a number of Blaser F3's here. Now, bear in mind that I suspect that these guys don't actually have to pay for their shotguns, and at the very least, get them custom fitted free. Also, this is a pretty exacting shooting discipline that tests all facets of a shotgun.
Have you thought of going to your local pro and and looking into having your Beretta "fitted" (if necessary)? How about a fully adjustable stock like the ErgoSign. Ugly, I know, but if it is good enough for Olympic International Skeet shooters...
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I don’t mind the look of Baser rifles, except the S2. However, I can’t stand the F3 or many of the other top competition shotguns or the cost of them. I love shotguns and love fine shotguns even more. That being said, my best shooting shotguns are a Browning Citori Upland 20 and a WC & Scott 28. Both are beat to hell, which means a lot.

The perform the best because they fit me well. The suggestion above about getting your Beretta fitted may work out for you. I also shoot a Beretta 391 often, as that’s what I shoot in Argentina. We’ve also had clients that have had 391 stocks fitted to them in the USA and just take the stocks to be attached to the guns we have to avoid the hassle of gun import. Fit is key.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3430 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
I don’t mind the look of Baser rifles, ...

Marcus,

You might find this website useful:

https://www.americasbest.com/e...asses/cheap-glasses/

clap

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Todd,

That’s great. My eyesight has degraded with age. At least I’m not an S2 fan.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Going to hold off on the f-3 given how terrible I am with a shotgun.

I suck with shotgun and handguns, there may be some hope for the shotgun but the handguns are a lost cause. Time to sell some handguns and go to shotgun shooting school.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike, a shotgun shooting school is fine, but it should be in a discipline that you can and will practice after your lesson(s). So if have a trap club close to you, and you want to learn to shoot trap, then go ahead and get the appropriate lessons. Same for skeet or sporting clays. Much of what you learn will be hold point, aim (or look) point, lead, stance etc. This varies based on the discipline. Also be aware, that just practicing "shooting rounds" will not help your game much. You need to be at a range where you can shoot those stations which give you trouble.
Peter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
AN accessible coach and lots of frequent practice is the answer to successful shotgunning. I sold ALL my target guns and quit shooting in competition when I decided that I needed to really focus on SxS bird guns. So. IMO, deciding exactly what you want to do and finding the right person to help you get there is critical.

Posts: 872 | Location: S. E. Arizona | Registered: 01 February 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
Going to hold off on the f-3 given how terrible I am with a shotgun.

I suck with shotgun and handguns, there may be some hope for the shotgun but the handguns are a lost cause. Time to sell some handguns and go to shotgun shooting school.

Mike

But Mike, if you don't get the Blaser, how are you going to "look smart" to the other guys at the range?

clap

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I am personally against most shotgun shooting schools unless you want to be a clay shooter. I shoot clays, but I do so by snap shooting. That’s how I hunt birds.

I could be better shooting clays, but the mechanical mounting and swing do not apply in the field.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

one of us
posted Hide Post
Alec, the only game I shoot is skeet, and, while I have several "skeet guns" I also shoot my SxS CSMC RBL in 20 ga. quite often. It has screw in chokes and shoots very well! Fun to shoot, and I get to shoot it quite often!
Peter

One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
Mike - go to one of the Orvis wingshooting schools. IMO, they are worth the time and money invested.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I shot both the F3 and F16 at a Blaser demo day in Germany.

If you are going to spend that kind of money, I'd probably buy a Perazzi. A mate of mine in Australia has about 60,000 rounds through his Perazzi, and it is still running hard.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Fit, Fit, Fit. Sorry I've never even seen an F3.

I shoot(shot) an 870 with a custom fit buttstock for Trap. I averaged in the a low 90's. Stopped shooting trap 20 years ago.

Well a few weeks ago I got to go again. Brought the 870 and my new to me (used) Citori. I've gotten a bit rounder in 20 years so the 870 doesn't fit as well as it used to. The Citori on the other had fit quite nicely. Shot 22 the last two rounds with it.

I have an AL390 also. Beretta sells a shim kit that I'm going to play with.

Posts: 6374 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote