New
Find
Notify
Tools

looking for input
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am going to be purchasing a new o/u shotgun and would like to hear what the posters here think about the various o/u available. Gun will be used for clays and hunting upland birds. 12 ga, would like 3" chambers but not an absolute requirement. I am leaning towards a Beretta 687 EELL. Does anyone know if the Beretta has mechanical triggers. I want something nice to pass on to my next generation of little shooters.

Please offer your reasons for your recommendation.

Thanks - John

Posts: 855 | Location: Belgrade, Montana | Registered: 06 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
With the exception of some target guns, all Beretta 12-gauges are chamber for 3-inch loads. Also, the 686 line uses inertia triggers, which can be tuned to behave like their mechanical counterparts. Just remember, a 687EELL differs only cosmetically from the base 686 gun. They truly are very good guns.

Posts: 111 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 16 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shoot a 687 EELL for skeet and the triggers were inertia sa when I sent it to Briley they had to change the trigger. I recently bought a Beretta 687EELL Extra in 28ga and that also has the inertia triggers.

Posts: 536 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 02 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks all, I've got a 687eell on the way to me. Should be everything I was looking for.

John

Posts: 855 | Location: Belgrade, Montana | Registered: 06 October 2000Reply With Quote