Find
Notify
Tools

Good Service: Silencerco
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
The baffles in my Silencerco Sparrow were showing signs of wear/tear. I've owned it for ~5 years and have put a lot of rounds through it. Recently 1000+ rounds of .17 Hornet and 17HMR. I don't think I had any baffle strikes but maybe fatique or carbon build-up interference (?).

Contacted Silencerco last week and they replaced the baffle free of charge calling it a 're-core'. From the day I mailed it to them to the day I got it back was one week!

And before I started running the 17 Hornet through it I contacted them and they said it would handle it.

Very impressed with that level of service.

Posts: 3273 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear that, Matt, but baffles? isn't the Sparrow a monocore design?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Perhaps my terminology is incorrect: they called it a 're-core'. The internal unit that contains the 'baffles' (?) was damaged. I don't know what caused the damage as 99% of what's been shot through it is .17 caliber. Either way, they replaced it and the turn-around was great!

Posts: 3273 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Silencerco has a great reputation for supporting their products.

As an example, the introduced the Octane 9 and not many months later the Octane 9HD with a quieter and more robust baffle stack. They upgraded all of the Octane cans that had already been sold. How do I know? Mine was one of them.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote