Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First Can
 Login/Join

posted
Just bought my first can yesterday for 300 BO. Let the wait begin.

Posts: 85 | Location: Johnson City, TX. | Registered: 25 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
What you will notice: POI shifts ~significantly with the can in place (4-6 inches on my rifles at 100 yards). So sight your rifle in with the can and leave it. Once you go with the can in place you will come to really appreciate it; subsonic or supersonic. You'll get much less back-pressure on your eyes and will 'see' the hits much better.

Next thing you know you'll have a couple of them!

Posts: 3273 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
I just bought 4 more. (Silencerco‘a BOGO offer, couldn’t resist). I specifically leave guns in the safe that aren’t threaded. The effect on game can’t be overstated. It sounds different and they don’t react the same.

Except pigs. They run with the quietest subsonic rounds.

Posts: 6250 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Got it finely after one year and two weeks, it was a long wait but worth it, I hope.

Posts: 85 | Location: Johnson City, TX. | Registered: 25 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wes, you're gonna love it. I have an original Whisper. Never have shot it supersonic. Killed 75+ deer, 3 turkeys, 100 groundhogs with it.
JD developed this using 240 gr. Sierra HPBT Match bullets. They do a fair job on large game. A lot run. Don't try 200 or 220 HPBTs. They're too short to tumble (the way most sub bullets kill).
The # 1 bullet is 220 gr. RNs, Sierra or Horn. They are extremely lethal. Most the above animals were taken with it. None moved. I did a very heavy 8 pt. whitetail this year at 243 yds. Dropped.
A mil dot scope is a must for this round. On my .Whisper each dot is good for each 25 yds.

Larry Rogers

Posts: 246 | Location: eastern WV | Registered: 01 December 2011Reply With Quote