Find
Notify
Tools

Silencer Central
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
I saw their ad in American Rifleman + checked out their website. I'm looking at their Banish 30. They take payments + claim they will do all the paperwork + help set up the trust + then ship directly after everything clears. Has anyone had any dealings with them?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've bought four silencers from them but at least two were back when they were called Dakota Silencer. They make the paperwork about as easy as possible. The silencer trust is the way to go. And put your hunting buddies on it as otherwise if a person hunting with you is in your vehicle with your silenced gun when you are not in it, there might be legal problems. Not that a judge would convict but you might have to go to court if you run into an aggressive game warden.

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
I ordered one at the SCI Convention (Feb). They made it very, very simple and bill quarterly.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Amigos. I could pay for it outright but with an offer of payout /no interest, why not. I won't receive it in that length of time anyway so why not? Why give the interest to the credit card companies? I appreciate your comments.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I read the same article yesterday in American Hunter and wondered the same. How is the quality of the Silencer Central's silencers in comparison to others? I also looked at an article that rated the top 5 silencers for 2020 and they weren't in there.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just bought one on 9-2-20 everything was very smooth and painless except paying the bill.one thing I did not like is I was told the paper work would be done and sent off in 10-15 days and it was 25 days so almost a month wasted,but very nice people and good to work with

Posts: 197 | Location: Stickney,So Dakota | Registered: 12 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought 4 at the convention. All was smooth. However, no approval as yet.

Posts: 11943 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess we just need to remain patient. Dealing with the ATF + their approval has historically been a long waiting period.

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Update: As mentioned above I ordered one in February at the SCI convention. Got notified this week that the paperwork has been approved by the ATF (roughtly 7 months). The final paperwork was done online in less than 20 minutes. They told me I should receive the unit delivered to my house within 15 days. The reason it takes that long as they have to exchange paperwork with the local Sheriff. He's a 'straight arrow' man so that won't be a bottleneck. So far I give Silencer Central an 'A' for their communications and ease of process.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got notification that the 4 I purchased at SCI were approved. I have to agree that communications were excellent.

Interestingly, the owners brother is a surgeon. He used to work with my father in law.

Posts: 11943 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived at my house yesterday (Oct 23rd). Ordered it Feb 6th (Silencer Central booth at SCI Convention). So about 8 1/2 months. Communications from Silencer Central through the process was very good.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived today as well. Ordered at SCI.

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Dealing with Silencerco from NW Misery. Will have to look these guys up. Be Well, Packy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Packy, check out their website. A lot of good things about this company.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
The unfortunate issue is that you may buy the best at the time, but upon approval/arrival, something is already better.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That appears to be true in many product areas in today's fast-moving techno race.

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
I happened to stop and visit Silencer Central in Sioux Falls. Because of various rules I couldn't get a tour but got a peek at enough of the operation to see they are very busy. It's obviously a growing operation with remodeling/expansion in progress. Staff was very friendly. Ordered another can in the process.

P.S. Also stopped at Boyd's Gunstocks in Mitchell S.D. while on my drive and ordered a stock there too!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now that sounds like a fun shopping trip! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Matt, in your travels if you stop in Sturgis SD look up Mack Bros they make the Banish for SC call them and ask for Dale and see if he has a few minutes to show off his place awesome, they make lots of goodies and saw dozens of suppressors just wanting to go home with me. byw he will sell to you then send to your FFL todo the paperwork

Posts: 197 | Location: Stickney,So Dakota | Registered: 12 January 2009Reply With Quote