Notify
Tools

Houston Suppressor Source?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
All,

I did a search and did not find anything so posting the question. I understand that the rules for using trusts to get suppressors are changing in several months. I want to go ahead and get this taken care of and get a suppressor to use for hunting. In the Houston area, what recommendations do folks have for a shop to work with on the paperwork, get a suppressor, etc. Thanks.

Mike

Posts: 21203 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Mike
CC plus on 105 west of Conroe. It's a truck accessories, guns, and class 3 stuff shop - with inventory.

or you could try a Search for class 3 FFL

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38462 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jeff. The folks in Conroe would be fine. Helpful and friendly folks?

Mike

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I do think so .. they have been smart, without being very smart alec, with good data on their stuff, and can answer questions in a more meaningful way than the 600lb tactical gorilla cum walmart-greeter-as-a-second-job (600LTGCWGAASJ) at gouger mountain

btw, speaking of the 600LTGCWGAASJ, did you KNOW that "the 223 remington is only fit for varmit hunting and target shooting, but the TACTICAL military round, the 5.56 millimeter is a fine hunting and EXTREMELY good defensive round!!!" ? a 600LTGCWGAASJ told me so, it must be true

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38462 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jeff, I will check CC Plus out.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I ended up getting my suppressor from KNS Precision in Fredericksburg. I have a friend with a home in Fredericksburg and he is listed as a trustee on the trust. Bought a Yankee Hill Machine Phantom Ti. Now just have to wait.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
I ended up getting my suppressor from KNS Precision in Fredericksburg. I have a friend with a home in Fredericksburg and he is listed as a trustee on the trust. Bought a Yankee Hill Machine Phantom Ti. Now just have to wait.

That's funny I bought the same one......now I'm waiting as well......

I also got a Surefire for .22 LR.

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
The fellow at KNS was pretty impressed with the YHM Phantom. He described it as full service suppressor that can be used and abused, good for auto fire (not that I have any autos). Much better, in his view, than the ones like Silencerco which he described as being really just for light and occasional use. Wish I had a place near by to shoot mine when I get it. Wink

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wish I had a place near by to shoot mine when I get it.

October is gonna be here faster than your suppressor......

Damn I hate waiting!

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
For those that may be interested in approval time periods or are tracking their own applications, I was informed by KNS Precision today that my application was approved. Application was filed on April 18. So just a few days under 8 months.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
For those that may be interested in approval time periods or are tracking their own applications, I was informed by KNS Precision today that my application was approved. Application was filed on April 18. So just a few days under 8 months.

I got 6 in this week. 8 month time frame from April 2016.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn, I still don't have mine!!!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
Damn, I still don't have mine!!!!!

If you applied closer to the deadline there is a bottleneck.

Mine were from early April.

I have more from mid april and late april. Another 6 in the pipeline.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Two of mine where April 26......

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

2 more came due at one dealer and another one at another dealer.

I have one from April 28-29 that still has to come thru. The others I don't remember the dates.

I wish we got a specialized number/license from atf and then just tack on purchases and stamps to the number. Instead everything starts from zero with every purchase.

I still can't figure why sbr have to go thru this when piston version with sig braces are sold every day.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:

2 more came due at one dealer and another one at another dealer.

I have one from April 28-29 that still has to come thru. The others I don't remember the dates.

I wish we got a specialized number/license from atf and then just tack on purchases and stamps to the number. Instead everything starts from zero with every purchase.

I still can't figure why sbr have to go thru this when piston version with sig braces are sold every day.

Mike

I completely agree. It took 8 months on mine ordered and submitted in January.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It takes about 9 hours in Namibia to buy one and get it fitted. My gunsmith stays pretty busy.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I can fit one much faster than that......WHEN I CAN GET MY HANDS ON THE DAMN THING!!!!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Therein lies the problemo.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got my .22 suppressor Friday!!!!! Man it is neat!
I have no idea why my 30 caliber isn't in??/ They where both purchased at the same time.......our feds at work....

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
I got my .22 suppressor Friday!!!!! Man it is neat!
I have no idea why my 30 caliber isn't in??/ They where both purchased at the same time.......our feds at work....

Excellent. Enjoy Jim.

Mike