New
Find
Notify
Tools

digisight n750
 Login/Join

Picture of jeffeosso
posted
digisight n750 - great scope.. NOT worth the upgrade cost from a n550, but certainly a great scope to consider if you are new...

you lose the white crosshairs
changeable crosshairs

gain a "doubler" on the zoom, and a red or green dot for aiming.. which *I* can't stand ...

so, from a good scope... its a darn good scope...

however, the learning curve from the n550 is ugly, and and i shot over 2 hogs the first time out, as i can't STAND the red/green aiming dot...

distances? 200 yards, zero moon, on board illuminator? outstanding visuals... the on board light is actually great....

but did i mention that i can't STAND the green/red dot and losing the white+dot crosshairs?

i didn't realize how much it would annoy me,but knowing what i know now, i wouldn't have upgraded, over the crosshairs issues.. and i have spoken with pulsar over this... its DUMB.. their reply was "we are concerned about burn in" .. fine, put that in the user manual, and allow it...

i think the green/red dot is... well,... more useless than tits on a boar clinton

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38459 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whats the difference?

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:

you lose the white crosshairs
changeable crosshairs

gain a "doubler" on the zoom, and a red or green dot for aiming.. which *I* can't stand ...

distances? 200 yards, zero moon, on board illuminator? outstanding visuals... the on board light is actually great....

Those are the differences.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
thanks George

about double the pixel count on the display as well ... again, if one is kind of on a budget, the n750 isn't worth the price difference... oh, its BETTER, but not 6-7 hundred better for piggy hunting

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
i noticed this thing weighs over 3 lbs. does it come with a gun bearer when mounted on a rifle??

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
actually 1kg+ batteries (2.25lb).. not much more than a big ole huge tactical glass scope .. lots less than analog night vision... and more functional than both for the operator...

the battery for the starlight scopes weighed 30LB .. 30.. when they came out..

of course, this scope works at night.. and isn't hurt if used in the daylight...

and i still want my white crosshairs back

#dumptrump

476AR,

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeffe,

What did the "upgrade" cost?

I do believe I'll weight until they get the reticle thing straightened out. I like the ones in the N550.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Couple more questions as I have just purchased one.

I have yet to purchase a battery charger or a portable external power source. I am assuming you have tried different brands and types of batteries on the market. Does any particular brand/style last longer and what is the average life of said batteries?

I have a Meyers 424P A1 IR illuminator/painter and will probably NEVER use the built-in IR. That should increase battery life. I hope.

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the red/green. It works for my eyes. I have yet to examine the other available reticles. I would really like a small circle dot.

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
dont bother with the "big" recyclables, a rack of duracells in your backpack works fine.. i left my n750 on for 2:15, on first illumination setting (on+light) intentionally .. after sight in session .. call it 2.5 hours on 4 through aways.

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeff,
Does this unit light up the area lets say like the ND3 laser units? Curious if the animal see's any kind of light?

Posts: 834 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Red glow at the sight, nearly no throw, basically nothing past 5 feet, only a glow, not a red flashlight

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the quick response!

Posts: 834 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
you can now buy the n750 for $1375 and the n 550 for $1249, both new from Ultimate Night Vision with free shipping. would that change your thinking about the 750 vs. the 550?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
if the 750 had the same reticale as the 550, then no question

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Time to resurrect this thread.

I have mounted my n750 on my DPMS LRSS 308 and have her sighted in +1.5"@100yds.

I have reason to use different scopes on this rifle. Will POI change much when removed and replaced?

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I mark where I place my scope and record the x/y settings for sight in .. and move to another rifle, with the same data, apply the data, and it says usually within 3 MOA... better if I PUSH the scope forward with tightening...

it works well enough that for under 200 yards, I swap day and night scopes (though I am usually just hunting with the digi) and proceed...

in other words, pretty darn good.. if I was REALLY concerned, I would set the glass scope on one set of notches and glass bed it there, then the digi in another.. again, PUSHING FORWARD during the installation .. as rifles move back under recoil, then the scope, if there is ANY mechanical movement.. putting the bedding BEHIND the xbar reduces impact wear

#dumptrump

476AR,

one of us
posted Hide Post
Get a decent rifle laser to sync with the sight you are using at the distance you want
Change your scope and adjust to where the laser is set
This should keep you you very close as you change scopes

QUOTE]Originally posted by drewhenrytnt:
Time to resurrect this thread.

I have mounted my n750 on my DPMS LRSS 308 and have her sighted in +1.5"@100yds.

I have reason to use different scopes on this rifle. Will POI change much when removed and replaced?[/QUOTE]

RC

Repeal the Hughes Amendment.

Posts: 1147 | Location: Ohio USA | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Sorry I didn't answer... i swap from glass to digital while sitting in the stand -- within reason, and i've posted the how prior, you can hunt with this setup....

i do wish the digi was a faster change, and tighter, on the rail ..

weaver scope bases won't be as accurate as picatinny

Andy - the scope is sighted in digitally - you can actually move it to different guns, easy

#dumptrump

476AR,

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
i just upgraded my glass scope to the nikon prostaff 4x12 bdc .. this setup - r25 in 308, with n750 and 4x12, is the GRIM pork REAPER - 308 with 165gr SST ... shesh, its holding 2" at 200 --- and 1.5 at 100 with the digisight ...

yep, its the grim pork reaper

#dumptrump

476AR,

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have only the N550, but also record the x/y positioning information for each rifle I use it on. So far has been fine moving it around and retaining zero.

Sure would hate to lose the white reticle!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Back to the top! Hi, Jeff, Andy Mike and George. Hope all is well with you and all of yours.

I finally picked up an NV750 last week. Won't get to blood it until July most likely. I put it on an AR15 in 6 x 45 to keep the weight down. South Texas piggies and coyotes aren't that tough (I hope). Killed enough with a 5.56 that I think I'm OK.

Optics Planet has demo 550s below a grand and 750s under 1200. I bought new (have had bad luck over the years with various demos). New 750s are under 1400 (but not by much).

I agree the built-in illuminator is pretty good. I guess I'll have to wait till I get to the ranch to see if I need more.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Howdy!

I use mine to check out the few cats that have evaded the coyotes in the neighborhood. Big Grin

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
One of the revelations I had with a borrowed NV550 was looking at a clear night sky. I hate to sound like a drama queen but it was almost humbling. Almost.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote