THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM NIGHT VISION AND SILENCER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Nightvision And Silencers    Any experience threading TC Encore barrels?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any experience threading TC Encore barrels?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted
As an Encore owner I have a couple of barrels to be suppressed and that means threading them. Is there any trick other than threading centered to the bore? My front sights will have to be removed for the length of threads. I have a system figured out to reinstall a new set of front sight. Thanks in Advance. Be Well, Packy.

One of Us
Picture of MyNameIsEarl
posted Hide Post
Having your barrel centered and square with your threading tool is key!! If you are off by even a thousandth your suppressor will not be straight and you get bullet impact inside the tube. If you have never done it before, I would strongly recommend you take it to a gunsmith or machinist. It is not hard but sometimes getting it center and square can try ones patience.

As far as the Encore I have not done one myself. A close friend of mine has one and he has asked me for a Muzzle Brake. We were just going to remove the front sight all together because he uses a scope. I would have to run the barrel between centers on my lathe because it will not fit through the tail stock.

Posts: 749 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
I could just drive down to GA Precision. It would take about 55 minutes. But I would like to try one for myself. Thanks and Be Well, Packy.