New
Find
Notify
Tools

night vision on bolt gun
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is there a rail that extends back from action to bring scope closer to eye? I shoot ATN thor on 300 BO and normaly I put stock outside my shoulder to shoot so as to not be hunching foward so much on stock. I want to put N V on 7mm-08 and would like to hold rifle correct as there will be small but still some recoil. Next option I suppose is to make stock for it with short LOP? Suggestions? Normaly I am shooting standing with shooting sticks.

Posts: 1067 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
picatinny rail ... but what rifle are you using?

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38459 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
/Bergera ( Rem 700) have rail on it but need to creep stock a lot. Think im just going to make a stock for it with short LOP and thumb hole. always shooting off sticks anyway at night. Was just looking around for a rail that extended back and didnt see anything. Its not a problem with 300 bko as there is no recoil and i just put stock outside shoulder, but with rifle with recoil it would be nice to hold rifle correct.

Posts: 1067 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Mount the scope normally and use a rubber extension/eyeshade/recoil protector to bring it back to your eye. It's also beneficial as most people are not aware of how much NV lights up their face when looking through it when really dark.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote