New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommended Attorney for a Gun Trust
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am in the process of buying my first two cans, a couple of Warlock II's for use on my pimped out 10/22's and a S&W 22 SA pistol. In doing my research I found out that there are tremendous advantages to setting up a living trust to own the cans. I know a lot of folks have used Quicken Willmaker, but I found out that since at least one (or more) Obama Executive Orders took place that if you don't know what you are doing ATF can really mess with you. I found an attorney based in Austin, Texas (he is also licensed in Colorado) to do a turn key trust with all of the "accessory documents" for a flat fee of $300. His name is Jim Willi (www.myguntrust.com). He is an NRA Benefactor member, TSRA member, and a shooter. You will learn a lot just getting on his website. Highly recommend him. Anyone desiring more information can PM me.

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 481 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
No offense to your guy but I got my NFA trust (in Nevada) for $99, and two more from Silencer Shop for $25 each.

Never a problem with NFA applications.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good for you. Just trying to help out other AR members. Everywhere else I checked they wanted $400 and up.

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 481 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The best way to do this is through silencershop.com
It is all online and simple. I have four suppressors from them. It is very easy.

Posts: 10095 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ditto Silencershop. They offer various trust documents for a fee as part of their services. Cheaper than your lawyer drafted document.

I presently have 4 cans on order from them using a "one shot" (just me) trust through them. When I get the cans I am going to transfer them to another trust that my whole family is on.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1925 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Butch, you'll have to transfer them between trusts via Form 4s.

It's far simpler, less expensive and less time consuming to add the family members to the SilencerShop trust(s) as supporting trustees - no Form 4s required.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe you are right George. I should have said that I will be amending the "one shot" trust to add supporting trustees, which I can do without Form 4.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1925 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting discussion. I got a local judge to sign my (personal) form for a suppressor. Now, what happens to it when I die, something that I am not planing to do in the near future but which is inevitable?
BTW, Satan always did vote Republican!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
BTW, Satan always did vote Republican!
Peter.

Obviously, you have better connections to Lucifer than I do, but:
he didn't when Republicans abolished slavery. He was on the Democrats' (pro-slavery) side on that; he didn't when Southern Democrats were creating the Ku Klux Klan and "Jim Crow" laws; he didn't when Republicans passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964. He was on the Democrats' (segregationist) side on that, too.

As for your suppressor, it can pass to an heir on a (free) Form 5, as long as the heir lives in a state where suppressors are legal and they can pass a background check.

George

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2