New
Find
Notify
Tools

Surpressed/Subsonic Deer Rifle?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Havent shot any big game with my 300 blk out, but on coyotes I get the least amount of running with the CEB controlled fracture bullets. I do get DRT with other bullets as well, but the CEBs seem to be the best.

Posts: 1043 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eny:
Havent shot any big game with my 300 blk out, but on coyotes I get the least amount of running with the CEB controlled fracture bullets. I do get DRT with other bullets as well, but the CEBs seem to be the best.

What bullet are you using? The 100 grain ESP raptor would be perfect for supersonic if you want to go light and fast for home defense.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27588 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of odyssey
posted Hide Post
You might want to check out the 6.8 SPC. you don't see them in bolt guns, but it is a good suppressed round that works well on hogs and deer / axis.

Posts: 44 | Location: League city, TX | Registered: 21 July 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:
quote:

What bullet are you using? The 100 grain ESP raptor would be perfect for supersonic if you want to go light and fast for home defense.

90 grain controld fracture around the farm and livestock supprressed. 12 guage home defense and any of the regular rifles for super sonic Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:
quote:

190 grain controld fracture around the farm and livestock supprressed. 12 guage home defense and any of the regular rifles for super sonic Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Scott:
I have a single shot 45 Colt rifle with 28" barrel that with 1000fps loads does not really need a suppressor. google "cat sneeze" loads for a variety of similar options

Don't know I missed this thread earlier but if one puts a 16 inch or longer bloop tube on a large bore with a heavy for caliber cast bullet.

They very quite at around 800 to 900fps.

I loaded many for my 44 357 45-70 and 416 Taylor.

I think the ideal would be a long barreled like 32in 45 colt 44spl/mag with a 300gr plus hard cast.

Posts: 19294 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
I don't know how fragile they are but my NV works quite well with a 308 and 7.62 ball ammo. I can't imagine that my subsonic loads in the 458 SOCOM could hurt NV equipment. Could it be that if you never shot one you don't know what you are talking about??? Be Well, Packy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RJM.@Jax.FL:
Elkins,

What powder are you using and DID your experiment work...?

THANKS
RJ

quote:
Originally posted by Elkins45:
I have an approved Form 1 for a 10" 45 caliber can. My intent is to thread the barrel of my 45-70 Handi Rifle and shoot a pure lead 500 grain bullet at just below Mach 1. I suspect that will get the job done.

I still haven't gotten around to building the can.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 108 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Elkins,
Keep us posted.
THANKS
RJ