THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM NIGHT VISION AND SILENCER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Nightvision And Silencers    Ruger American Ranch Rifle - 300 Blackout

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger American Ranch Rifle - 300 Blackout
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
Still front-braining on suppressors and obtained a Ruger American Ranch rifle in 300 Blackout. Mounted a Redfield 3-9 on it and today was my first range outing with it. Got it on paper/in the black without the suppressor. Then put the suppressor on (AAC Cyclone) and noted a shift in POI was only a couple inches different. Didn't spend much time on this aspect as I had a couple different factory ammos to try out. Also brought my NEF Handi-Rifle as I wanted to see what it would do with the lighter bullet stuff. It has shot the Nosler 220 ammo MOA and did so again today.

Ammo Tested: Nosler Match 220, Nosler Match 125
Barnes Vor-Tx 120 gr.

Was impressed with the Ruger American Ranch rifle. Didn't experience any feeding issues from the magazine and it ejects quite positively even when cycling the bolt slowly (had to chase brass that it threw off the bench a couple times). I give the trigger about a 'B'; out of the box it breaks at 3 1/4 pounds and I'm going to live with it as is.

The POI difference between the subsonic and supersonic in both rifles was 10-12 inches. The Handi Rifle didn't hold MOA with the lighter bullets but would put three shots under 1.5" with either brand. For some reason it seemed to do the two shots nearly touching and one shot over an inch away thing. It does do MOA on demand with the subsonic Nosler load.

Now back to the Ruger; it shot the Nosler subsonic and supersonics at MOA. But it really likes the Barnes 120 gr TAC-TX as the following photo shows. For a lightweight, Tupperware stocked, price-point rifle I am quite pleased with this at 100 yards...

Posts: 3273 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the review. I'm interested in one of these, too. Glad to hear yours shoots!

Posts: 1720 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote