New
Find
Notify
Tools

Selling sbr
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have experience selling sbr rifle?

I have bought three sbr rifles that I rarely use. I have no idea why I bought them and see little use for them.

I am trying to figure out the process to sell them. Anyone know of any dealers that resell sbr rifles?

Thanks

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Beretta,
Check around your area for a Class III firearms dealer. They should be able to guide you in the proper process for selling your sbr.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by impala#03:
Hi Beretta,
Check around your area for a Class III firearms dealer. They should be able to guide you in the proper process for selling your sbr.

I will reach out to the big dealers in south Florida.

I may hold the guns for a while - Biden probably drops semi auto ar into nfa structure. Might make sense to own register lowers for a while.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sell them the same you bought them? Put an ad online and find an in-state buyer. They fill out the ATF form 4 with you as the seller. When they show you the approved form 4, turn it over to them, face to face.

Posts: 803 | Location: WA, USA | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Well, good news and bad news and some good news.

Good news; An SBR is just the lower. It does not include the upper. No place on the stamp is there any exact description of an upper. The upper is not serialized or governed by any NFA laws. It can legally be sold on the internet, without FFL interference.

Other SBR, or pistol guys might be interested in buying your upper.

Bad news, nobody wants to pay a $200 premium and wait 6 months to own your SBR lower. Sorry. There is almost no market for it under normal circumstances.

But, you can scrap the parts and sell them. If you have a Geisselee trigger, there is a market for that.

Every part can be sold to one guy who wants to build his own AR.

I do not know the laws about disposing of an SBR receiver though.

Posts: 6250 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
Well, good news and bad news and some good news.

Good news; An SBR is just the lower. It does not include the upper. No place on the stamp is there any exact description of an upper. The upper is not serialized or governed by any NFA laws. It can legally be sold on the internet, without FFL interference.

Other SBR, or pistol guys might be interested in buying your upper.

Bad news, nobody wants to pay a $200 premium and wait 6 months to own your SBR lower. Sorry. There is almost no market for it under normal circumstances.

But, you can scrap the parts and sell them. If you have a Geisselee trigger, there is a market for that.

Every part can be sold to one guy who wants to build his own AR.

I do not know the laws about disposing of an SBR receiver though.

I upgraded all my sbr to basically giessele super duty standards - geissele ssa-e, maritime bolt catch, buffer ect.

Built a few 14.5 uppers. Much more fun to shoot than 10 inch barrels.

Mike

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Gotcha. Other than my BCM’s everyone gets new triggers. All Geiselles except one LaRue MBT, which is a pretty good trigger.

I did install a JP captured spring in one SBR that shoots 300 blk subs. I can’t tell any difference. I have a Geiselle High speed match, trigger with the lightest spring in it. It’s not shootable with subs and a can due to the slower speed of the recoil. It double taps every time. Way too light. And it’s not a consistent pull weight.

They sell different weight springs for it that I will have to buy.

Posts: 6250 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
Gotcha. Other than my BCM’s everyone gets new triggers. All Geiselles except one LaRue MBT, which is a pretty good trigger.

I did install a JP captured spring in one SBR that shoots 300 blk subs. I can’t tell any difference. I have a Geiselle High speed match, trigger with the lightest spring in it. It’s not shootable with subs and a can due to the slower speed of the recoil. It double taps every time. Way too light. And it’s not a consistent pull weight.

They sell different weight springs for it that I will have to buy.

I have geissele super 42

https://geissele.com/super-42-...buffer-combo-h1.html

On all my ar carbine.

On my fixed stock I have jp silent capture spring.

I am getting used to the damn ar twang. But all of my ar - larues, geissele, Daniel defense and my upper builds using ballistic advantage barrels all shoot so damn good. 1/2-1 moa is run of the road for these guns.

Moving to 6.5 Grendel and 6.5 arc uppers.

Mike