New
Find
Notify
Tools

Surefire SOCOM RC Hard To Remove
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I love this suppressor. However, after firing many rounds, there is enough carbon buildup that makes removing this suppressor very difficult. I have, at times, even loosened the collar and shot it off.

Anyone else have this trouble?

RC

Repeal the Hughes Amendment.

Posts: 1147 | Location: Ohio USA | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
When I looked this can up, I found a blurb stating that "A new indexing system means this suppressor mounts to a current-model SureFire muzzle brake or flash hider even more solidly than our previous versions, and is easier to remove after extended firing since the index tab is in a low carbon-buildup area."

Check with Surefire as to whether you have the old or new indexing system. Maybe then upgrade yours if you have the old indexing system.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think they lie and I have the current system! It's a great can and I will check to see if I have the current flash suppressor.
Thanks

RC

posted Hide Post
My pleasure!

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of odyssey
posted Hide Post
You may want to have it looked at. I have the same can in (.308) and mine
is extremely easy to remove even when hot.

Posts: 44 | Location: League city, TX | Registered: 21 July 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the same in 308 std and mini and neither are hard to take off as yours. Ive also used the 308 mini on 556 and really got it hot but it comes off easy. I have heard of others who have problems with the 556 once they've put a lot of rounds thru it.
Thanks

RC