New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester Subsonic 308
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anybody tried any of this? 185 gr. bullet advertised to expand. I picked up a box yesterday but haven't shot any yet.

Posts: 206 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please keep us posted on performance. Does win make the bullet?

Posts: 1067 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I finally got to the range to shoot some of these. Shooting them out of a M700 Light Tactical 20" barrel with a Silencerco SpecWar 7.62 can. Report was very quiet, accuracy at 100 yds. was about 1.25" for four shots. I don't know if Winchester offers this bullet only or not. It's a strange looking little bullet with a big hollow point and a heavy looking crimp. Not sure when I might get to try it on game, I'll post if I do.

Posts: 206 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why?? might as well shoot a 30-30..at least that's my opine..I see no upside to that..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41814 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why? Because I have a .308 threaded for my can. I will try it on hogs at night in an area that I don't want to make a lot of noise.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Why?? might as well shoot a 30-30..at least that's my opine..I see no upside to that..

Because it can sometimes be advantageous to be quiet when shooting at night. Doesn't warn the rest of your targets, scare livestock and wake up the neighbors Smiler

Posts: 1067 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote