Find
Notify
Tools

Herter's Bullet Jackets
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
More from the new guy.....

I have a couple of boxes (250 count) Herter's 38 Caliber Bullet Jackets. Could anyone tell me how long ago these were offered as a product by Herter's, and if they are considered collectible?

I originally posted this question in Reloading, but thought perhaps if they are collectible, you guys/gals would know.

thanks

DJ

Posts: 88 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 27 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iconoclast
posted Hide Post
No idea on the age, but it's possible if you find the right person, I suppose . . . wouldn't hold your breath. I had a swaging press, several dies, a bunch of jackets and lead wire which took me two years to sell on line, and at that it was for much less than the items were worth - even used. Home-grown jacketed bullets were never a big market and with the variety of projectiles now available from large makers, there's very little need for it. Plus, by the time one invests in the tools / materials, it's almost impossible to recover the costs in savings over factory offerings, much less the value of the time.

Posts: 219 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/forums/32.shtml

This is the only bullet swaging forum I know about, and it's pretty quit, but give it a try.

Bye
Jack

Posts: 176 | Location: Saskatchewan | Registered: 14 January 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
..put 'em on eBay..you'll find out real quick how much theyre worth..

Posts: 9 | Location: PRK | Registered: 18 November 2002Reply With Quote