THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CARTRIDGE COLLECTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Cartridge Collecting    5.7 X 28 for the P90 sub-machine gun & pistol of Belgium manufacture?....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

5.7 X 28 for the P90 sub-machine gun & pistol of Belgium manufacture?....
 Login/Join

<thender>
posted
I now have two different varitions of the 5.7 X 28 for the P90 Sub-machine gun and pistol made in Belgium. But, I don't know what they are.... One is of brass cased with a copper, hollow point bullet, with a green painted tip & non-magnetic. It has a staked in, flat nickel primer, With black sealent. The other is a brass cased with a copper spitzer bullet and it is magnetic with a purple sealent around the bullet/case neck. It has a staked in, flat nickel primer, with purple sealent.
Anybody have any idea what I have? Or, does anybody have any more info than what is printed in C.O.T.W. Volume 9 ?
Thanks for the help!!!!! [Confused]

[ 06-09-2003, 05:16: Message edited by: thender ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
thender
I am slightly familar with that round.
I have some of those cases.
The ones I have with the purple primer sealer are headstamped 5.7x28 FNB 89

I was involved in a test firing of the P90 very early in its travels to the USA.

I have some rounds with the green tipped HP and a blue primer sealer headstamped
5.7x28 FNB 00
These were the rounds used last time I test fired the P90.

If you watch the TV Show STARGATE they use the P90.

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
The two specimens I have both have purple primer seals and three stake crimps retaining the primer. Both have magnetic projectiles , although one is stated to also have an aluminium core . I have no way of proving that , but the length of that projectile is definately greater than the other example, giving a greater overall length - 43.06mm as opposed to 40.09mm .

The longer projectile has a green case mouth seal also. I can scan the two variations if you are interested . [Wink]

Posts: 4454 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote