New
Find
Notify
Tools

.275 Rigby Magnum (Rimless)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What is this exactly please? I'm told that it is Rigby's designation, no more no less, than the 7x64 when chambered and sold in Rigby rifles.

What I'm not seeking are references to the cartridge noted in COTW as the rimmed .275 Rigby No2 Magunum.

Thanks to all who read and to all who can educate me!

Posts: 6813 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Now I'm really confused. Here's what I thought:

1) .275 Rigby = 7 X 57mm
2) .275 N° 2 Magnum = 7mm Rigby Magnum Flanged
3) .275 Belted Magnum = Holland's .275 Rimless
4) .275 Flanged Magnum = Holland's .275 Flanged

Is there another as well?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I contacted Paul Roberts who used to own Rigby. He has copies of the older records. I managed to get the serial number off the rifle. Apparently it is...7x64! They only made a few, about eight, he says. But 7x64 it is!

Posts: 6813 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Kind of cheeky of Rigby to call a 7 X 64 a magnum, don't you think?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes. I thought so too! But I suppose it gives a "British" sounding cartridge designation to the rifle.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Soooo, the more germain question on this forum must now be. Did anyone ever make correctly headstamped brass for these, ie, headstamped as .275 Rigby Magnum
That would be way cool. Wink
Steve

Posts: 540 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 07 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
At least ammo will be easy to find. It's one of the more common cartridges in Europe.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where can I find 275 Rigby[7x57] brass in the USA for my 275 Rigby. Correct headstamp is what I am asking.
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Quality cartridge will make some for you if they don't have them in stock.

http://www.qual-cart.com/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
could it be that the .275 Rigby No.2 Magnum, is in fact a 7x65R?
it sounds too stupid to add a rim to .275 Rigby(7x57) and then just add magnum to the name

have you bought yourself a .275 Rigby Magnum?

Posts: 930 | Location: Norway | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote