Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for Newton cartridge cases, WTB
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Lakelander
posted
I'm looking for the following Newton cartridge cases: .270 Newton, .276 Newton, .280 Newton, .400 Newton. Any other Newton cases are also of interest.

Never argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Posts: 182 | Location: Nord-Trøndelag-Norway | Registered: 20 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lake

Except for the 270, wouldn't those all be wildcats? (Even the 270 would be a semi-wildcat.) Are you looking for cartridges made from Newton brass?

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lakelander
posted Hide Post
Yes, I guess they would be wildcats of the Newton cartridges.

Speer made the .270, but I think it's hard to find.

The .276 Newton were made from necking down the .30 Newton. As where the .280 Newton, but I have read about a version made from the 10,75x68 case.

The .400 or .40 Newton were made from necking up a .35 Newton case.

So I'm mainly looking for cartridge cases made from Newton brass. But cases made from other brass, may also be interesting. My .22 Newton is made from a 7x57 case.

I'm also interested in other wildcats like the .375 Gipson, .400 Gipson and the .400 Niedner, all made from necking up the .35 Newton case-

Never argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Posts: 182 | Location: Nord-Trøndelag-Norway | Registered: 20 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have these 2, 22 Newton and 22 Newton Krag.

No, there not for sale

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lake

If you have the necessary tools and ability to make your own wildcats, I have quite a few 30 and 35 Newton empty cases that I'd be happy to trade.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lakelander
posted Hide Post
PM sent.

Allan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lakelander, Just a heads-up on your quest; There is a single .400 Gipson cartridge on Gunbroker.com (from a .30 Newton Western case). Tim W.

One of Us
Picture of Lakelander
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip, but he was not willing to ship outside the US.

So I'm still looking. Especially interested in the .270 and .400 Newton. And any wildcats made on the Newton case.

I'm also interested in buying .30 and .35 Newton brass.

One of Us
Picture of Lakelander
posted Hide Post
Still looking, now for the .270 Newton and any other wildcats.

Also interested in .30 and .35 Newton cases.