New
Find
Notify
Tools

My modest 30-30 Collection
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just started picking these up a year ago. My first purchase was just a random, “hey, that’s a cool old box” purchase. Now I’m always on the hunt for 30-30 ammo with excellent condition boxes. I just picked up an old JC Higgins 30-30 still new in box, so I’m on the hunt For some period correct 30-30 Sears ammo to go along with that!

Posts: 131 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 28 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice. The 30-30 Winchester should prove to be a very interesting caliber to collect. There are so many different boxes and brands from over 100 years of production. If you start collecting single cartridge headstamps the selection will be almost endless.
Zac

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZW:
Very nice. The 30-30 Winchester should prove to be a very interesting caliber to collect. There are so many different boxes and brands from over 100 years of production. If you start collecting single cartridge headstamps the selection will be almost endless.
Zac

I doubt that I'll get down to single cartridges. For now, I'm only grabbing full boxes. I love the different styles, artwork and variations.

Posts: 131 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 28 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have and 1930a to 1940 best I can tell. A brown box, black lettering stating Winchester soft points for 30-30, lots of lead exposed, Box is marked WINCHESTERN, 30 wINCHESTER BULLETS, (MADE BY wESTERN iM SURE) box of 25

I will be selling them once I come up with a fair value report..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41754 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote