Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

20MM guitar slide project picture
 Login/Join

posted
From the previous 20 MM post. Tailgunner mailed an empty 20MM cartridge for a guitar slide. It arrived today and I cut it off at the base and the top inch or so. Deburred and polished, picture of 20MM slide, cut off 20MM base and smaller 50 BMG slide.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks nice, hope her instructer likes it.
Why not also give him the cutoff case head? Might make a good conversation piece for him.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Tailgunner, Good idea I am going to do that. I printed this picture out that I think is the right 20MM in action.

one of us
posted Hide Post
That's the one.

Here's another photo of the gun.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
How does it sound? Cool (second incarnation, not the first!)

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
Looks great!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I don't know how the new 20MM slide sounds yet. Her guitar teacher in on vacation this week but she starts up with lessons again next week. He had a commercial brass slide he gave me to measure his size and it was quite a bit thicker than the 20MM casing. If it sounds good the cartridge case slide might be easier to handle than a heavy one. The daughters 50 caliber slide sounds great, 60 year old brass may have hardened some from age.