Find
Notify
Tools

shipping regulations?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Good day all,

Over the years I have received cartridges for my collection via many different shipping companies, as well as the USPS. Now, some of these rounds will be up for sale, and this will be the first time I ship live ammo. Please advise what the regs are for shipping live ammo in the US?

Many thanks

DJ

Posts: 88 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 27 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DJ

Live ammo can be shipped via any of the common carriers such as UPS, Fed Ex, etc but not USPS. The box has to have an ORM D sticker on it and the invoice must state that it is live ammo. Now the hard part. Some local offices are not familiar with the laws and may refuse to accept the package for shipment. You can argue with them and ask to see the regulations and you might win the arguement, or maybe not. If you can't convince them, you don't have many options since they are a private business. You can try another office, try one of the UPS "Stores" or go to another carrier. Most of us never have any problems but be ready just in case. I use UPS through our small local office and have never had a problem.

If you are shipping out of the USA it's a different story completely.

Do you have a list of what you're selling. I might be interested.

joyray@frontiernet.net

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the knowledge. As for the cartridges, I'll get a list together shortly.

DJ

Posts: 88 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 27 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of short44
posted Hide Post
Crap I just sent some live ammo useing USPS !!!

Dwindling the worlds lead supply one cat at a time!!

Posts: 407 | Location: Right here ! | Registered: 10 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by short44:
Crap I just sent some live ammo useing USPS !!!

Oh man, you're in for it now!!! Homeland Security will be knocking on your door any minute!!! Roll Eyes

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of short44
posted Hide Post
Yeah the last time the Dark car with Dark windows pull'd up I was like owh Sh*t hide it all.... but he was here looking for the people next door. Damn that was close !!!

Dwindling the worlds lead supply one cat at a time!!

Posts: 407 | Location: Right here ! | Registered: 10 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
short

Look on the bright side. I hear that Leavenworth Kansas is really nice this time of the year. Wink

I wouldn't worry about it. I just sent a friend a 20 dollar bill by mail and they didn't find that so what's the chances of them finding your cartridges?

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Only problem is , if they do find your cartridges it will add extra weight to them imposing bigger penalties for sending such stuff through the postal system . If you can use the approved shipping system it will make life easier for longer for everyone.

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4456 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iconoclast
posted Hide Post
I ship a lot of ammo, but all by common carrier unless totally inert. I have seen some sellers who tempt fate routinely by using the mail. Guess they are eager to be Bubba's bitch at the Graybar Hotel. If you are still around, Mike, you are safe. Just learn from your mistake! shame

Posts: 219 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Been on the web for some time; I see the One of US with a name, Is it possible to educateme as to the meaning? If personal send a private email. if nothing I need to know tell me that as well. I may be one and not knopw it. thanks.

Building Dreams, What's yours?

Posts: 15 | Location: Eastern Shore of Maryland | Registered: 25 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You need to accumulate like 20 or 25 posts to become one of us. No other hidden meaning.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Usually it changes from new member to one of us automatically at a set number of posts but sometimes you have to ask a moderator to set it for you . Its not a way of making some of us snobs , just a way to differentiate between recent members and the bunch , so to speak.

Its always better to be "one of us " than "one of them".....

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4456 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote