Find
Notify
Tools

Info on this headstamp.............
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted
Recently at the range I found 20 to 30 rounds of brass and wasn't familiar with the stamping. I know it is 223 Rem(even I figured that one out).
On the top is DNL and the bottom has 223 Rem. I'm sure someone knows what DNL is, my luck it is probably very common. Thanks for any info given.

Steve..........

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
How horrible to be displaced to Hawaii. I feel for you....

Your 5.56 x 45 headstamp isnt common , I have searched the headstamp listing that I have and it doesnt feature .But that really only means its newer than the printing date of my refernce . To be stamped .223 tells me that it is most likely a sporting load as opposed to a military Ball , so maybe the hunting fraternity can help . I realise this information isnt actually helpfull but it cancels out a few possibilities. I could use an example of the case if you have a spare...

Posts: 4456 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iconoclast
posted Hide Post
I'm not familiar with this one, but Ron Fuchs - ron@mcmfamily.com - has been putting together a exhaustive listing of .223 / 5.56 headstamps and loadings for some time now, and he may be able to help you.

Posts: 219 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I heard it may be south african, for DENEL ( PMP )

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
<'Trapper'>
posted
Greetings!
Your brass is manufactured in South Africa By Denel (Pty) Ltd. The headstamp is "DNL 223 REM" If no circle - cross it is not NATO - if so, it is.
Regards,

one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the info.

Steve E.........

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote