Notify
Tools

Shipping ammunition
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted
Okay Fellas!

I've been out of the game too long...and don't remember the rules for shipping live ammunition.

What is the best carrier to ship ammunition to a member on here (In the Lower 48)? Ups? Fed Ex?

Besides the Small Arms/ORMD sticker is there anything else I need to tell them when I drop it off to be shipped?

Trying to get this down so I can move some ammo out of my collection.

Thanks

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
I spoke to someone at the local Fedex Express and they were not sure if I could ship through them. But they did say that UPS and Fedex Ground should be able to. They also did mention that USPS will not ship it for me.

Is this correct?

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Correct.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
USPS will not ship ammunition knowingly (legally) but for small amounts, I have received many well packed rounds in flat rate boxes. Just saying......

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
And lots of drugs go that way, too.

Don't do it! UPS is easy and cheap enough.

Go to UPS.com and print your own label. Tape it on the box. Tape the little ORMD diamond on the box. Then just hand it to any UPS driver or drop it at a UPS counter.

When I go to the nearest UPS depot they take it with a smile and a kind word. When I go to one the next county over they always ask me for my ID, compare it to the return address, they take my box, and dryly say "Next!"

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Go with UPS + hope to find an agent there that knows his ass from a hole in the ground;they do exist but the idiots seem to preveil.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone for the responses on this matter! UPS is the way to go. Sent 160rd of ammo and had zero issues. Printed and put on the ormd tags and had it in Georgia 2 days later from TX via UPS Ground tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is illegal to ship live ammunition via the USPS.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
It is also illegal to have oral sex with your wife. Some laws are just ignored. Just don't be stupid when shipping.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
What about oral sex with someone else's wife?

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That may be but I don'the think having oral sex with your wife is a felony. Shipping live ammunition via the US Postal service is a felony.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
It is also illegal to have oral sex with your wife. Some laws are just ignored. Just don't be stupid when shipping.

Get caught giving the wife oral what's the worst that can happen?
Get caught sending live ammo through the mail, and you could spend a few years giving oral to Bubba and his buddies.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
FedEx has worked very well for me. Schedule a pick up and they'll come right to your house or business and pick it up with no questions asked.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote