New
Find
Notify
Tools

Neat brass. Free - you pay shipping
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Got some neat old cases, free to a good home, just send $5 for postage.

3 50 cal unknown. 1.2" long, 0.768 dia rim 0.03 thick. Has very small pin hole for a flash hole. 1 is split down the side.

4 44-40. 1 PETERS 44-40 small primer pocket, 2 REM-UMC 44-40 WIN in big bold letters, 1 W.R.A. CO 44 W.C.F small primer pocket.

1 WESTERN .30 U.S.A.

1 REM-UMC 22 HP small primer pocket

1 U.S.C. CO. 38-55 small primer pocket, maybe black powder

2 W.R.A. Co. 44 S&W. AM maybe black powder.
They look like really short 44 Spl's 0.867" long.

I was going to trash them, but then thought somebody might like them for a collection.

As a side question, does anyone have an idea of what old 5, 10, and 25 cent cigar boxes are worth in fair condition. I've got a good sized stack of them sitting around.

-Spencer

One of Us
Picture of flutedchamber
posted Hide Post
Concerning the cigar boxes...I was just in an antique store the other day (I collect old colored glass shot glasses) and I saw a variety of not so really old Johnson and Johnson bandaid boxes (the metal ones) in not very good condition going for just over $1.50 to over $5.00. There is a collector for anything. Look on the net, and take their asking prices as your guide. flutedchamber.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

You can trust the government. Look how well they took care of the American Indian...

Posts: 425 | Location: New Jersey The state sucks, but it's better than living in France. | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TrapperP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShopCartRacing:
Got some neat old cases, free to a good home, just send $5 for postage.

3 50 cal unknown. 1.2" long, 0.768 dia rim 0.03 thick. Has very small pin hole for a flash hole. 1 is split down the side.

4 44-40. 1 PETERS 44-40 small primer pocket, 2 REM-UMC 44-40 WIN in big bold letters, 1 W.R.A. CO 44 W.C.F small primer pocket.

1 WESTERN .30 U.S.A.

1 REM-UMC 22 HP small primer pocket

1 U.S.C. CO. 38-55 small primer pocket, maybe black powder

2 W.R.A. Co. 44 S&W. AM maybe black powder.
They look like really short 44 Spl's 0.867" long.

I was going to trash them, but then thought somebody might like them for a collection.

As a side question, does anyone have an idea of what old 5, 10, and 25 cent cigar boxes are worth in fair condition. I've got a good sized stack of them sitting around.

-Spencer

You have PM.

Lord, give me patience 'cuz if you give me strength I'll need bail money!!
'TrapperP'

Posts: 3742 | Location: Moving on - Again! | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote