Find
Notify
Tools

Old Ammo from estate....PICS
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
From an estate that I am helping with.

2 boxes of Western Super X 25-35 117gr soft point. One box full and one with 18 + 2 fired

Remington Leanbore Priming Du Pont 38-40 180gr Soft Point 50ct

Remington 32-20 100gr SP 30ct

Remington 44-40 200gr SP Full

Juhn Wayne Winchester 32-40 165gr SP Full and MINT

Norma 7.7 Jap 180 SPPBT 2 boxes full

I need help with prices, so I can list them in the classifieds.

Thanks,
Kyle

Posts: 212 | Location: Forney TX | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kyle

Except for the Duke commemorative, the ammo is very ordinary and is worth less than the currect price of new stuff. Considering that UPS shipping can run as much as $12 a box, you could have a hard time selling it. I'd put it on one of the auction sites where anything could happen.

The Duke ammo can be worth anywhere from $30 a box and up. I have seen a box go as high as $75. Right now there are several boxes for sale on Auction Arms so the box may not bring as much at this time.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray,

Thanks a bunch. Looks like I will take it to my local gunshop and let them use it.

Thanks,
Kyle

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 5Redman8:
Ray,

Thanks a bunch. Looks like I will take it to my local gunshop and let them use it.

Thanks,
Kyle

No no no, Don't take it to a gun shop, not while you have the perfect excuse to buy 4 or 5 new (to you) rifles to shoot it in. Big Grin

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iconoclast
posted Hide Post
You should be able to get at least $1 / round for the 7.7 Jap ammo sold as a lot.

Posts: 219 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tailgunner,

As a part of clearing this estate, I have gotten around 10,000 22LR shells. Therefore, I HAVE to buy another 22 to shoot it. So a rifle for 50-100 shells is hard to justify.... :-)

Kyle

one of us
posted Hide Post
Find a good die set at a cheep price, time to buy a new gun so you can use the dies.
Given a couple boxes of ammo that dosn't fit anything you own, time to buy a new gun.
Going hunting in a new place, or for something you have never hunted before, time to buy a new gun.

ANY excuse is a good excuse to buy new toys Big Grin (thank goodness I have a wife that understands me)

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tailgunner

Don't forget, when all other excuses run out - buy a new gun for the wife. Roll Eyes

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cheechako:
Tailgunner

Don't forget, when all other excuses run out - buy a new gun for the wife. Roll Eyes

Ray

I've used that one on several occasions, for guns I wanted.
She does have her house gun (snubby 44spl), deer rifle (7mm-08), and she recently sold her skeet gun (12ga Citori), all of which she picked out on her own.
On the flip side, for special occasions she asks if I want some new cartridges for my collection, or another barrel for my Encore. Ya, I got a good one cheers

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Have you got kids ? One of them must need a new gun ?

It truly would be immoral to sell that ammo when someone in your family could use for their personal gratification.....

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4454 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Put it on an auction site like auctionarms or gunbroker. Make sure you cover shipping costs.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote