The Accurate Reloading Forums
Looking to add a few cartridges to collection

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4321043/m/746104006

07 January 2007, 07:55
Sendaro
Looking to add a few cartridges to collection
I'm looking for a few cartridges to add to my collection. I collect singles and at present looking for a 219 Zipper, and a 225 Winchester.
I only collect loaded ammo not empty casings. If you have either of these and are willing to sell or trade please contact me.
07 January 2007, 08:36
Cheechako
Sendaro

Live ammo can only be sent UPS Ground and it will cost you anywhere from 7 to 10 bucks to ship $5 worth of cartridges. Your best bet would be to find someone in your area. If you can't do that I can recommend a couple of dealers. I could send you empty cases and bullets if you have a way of loading them. USPS postage would be less than a buck.

joyray@frontiernet.net

Ray

Arizona Mountains
07 January 2007, 09:12
teroenza
Yes box must be of 220+lbs burst strength and marked ORM-D. They say no hazmat is charged but it cost me 11$ to send a package that weighed less than an ounce. Confused
-Josh

Duty to your country means more than a ribbon magnet on the back of your car.
07 January 2007, 10:38
Norman Conquest
I used to load for a 219 Zipper that I had once upon a time.Might still have some rounds left.However I formed the brass from 30-30 + are thus headstamped the same.If that is something of interest P.M. me + I will give you some.N/C.

Never mistake motion for action.
07 January 2007, 16:28
Sendaro
Thank you all for responding. I had no idea that this is the only way to ship ammo. Have never had to ship any ammo since back in 1992 when I went on a priarie dog shoot out in Kansas.I started collecting cartridges back in 1958 when I was a kid. I'm just getting around to building a display for the wall. Guess that I will have to start hunting at the gun shows. I have a lot of doubles that I would like to trade or sell off. Are there any ammo collectors shows in the New York State area?
07 January 2007, 18:02
Cheechako
Sendaro

There are a couple of annual cartridge shows in PA but that's about the closest to NY as I can find. If you e-mail me I can give you names of some Club members in NY who would be more than happy to talk to you. Let me know what town you live in and what the closest big city is.

joyray@frontiernet.net

Ray

Arizona Mountains