New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reminton 267 RF cartridge
 Login/Join

<Sendaro>
posted
I have collected cartridges since 1955. This is the first that I have come across others who also collect. Has anyone information on a cartridge that is head stamped 267. I have been told that it is an expermental cartridge that Remingtom was developing and dropped. I have one. It has a nickeled casing and a lead projectile. It is a rimfire. I live near the Remington plant and was told that this was going to be Remingtons offer when Winchester came out with the .22 Mag.I have several hundred cartridges in my collection. Many that I don't want and would rather sell or trade them for some that I want. I like the old Winchester cartridges from the 1880's through the 1930's. Please feel free to contct me via my email address, jads@citlink.net

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Has anyone information on a cartridge that is head stamped 267.
The only data I have is that there are two headstamps--one with 267 with a U around the 6; and one with 267 inside a big U.

the_captn

Posts: 238 | Location: earth | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote
<Sendaro>
posted
The cartridge that I have has the 267 inside the big U. Do you have any more information on it?

one of us
Picture of Iconoclast
posted Hide Post
There are at least three dif headstamps on this round in my database - the "U" enclosing the entire '267' and enclosing just the '6' - plus a Peters headstamp. I've always understood that the .267 was being developed to replace the .25 Stevens and was fairly far along in the development process when work was halted due to events at Pearl Harbor. There are proof & dummy cartridges in the Remington headstamp.

Posts: 219 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote