New
Find
Notify
Tools

Attention Collectors, New Find
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I came across three mint boxes of ammo. They are imported by Interarms, blue cardboard, marked Sears No. 56831 Cal 30-06 Target. The inner box is marked OJP 1959 20 7.62 mm S-Patronen/GM 1 .The headstamp is GJP III 59.

If anyone has any interest let me know..................JJ

" venator ferae bestiae et aquae vitae "

Posts: 593 | Location: Southern WV, USA | Registered: 03 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iconoclast
posted Hide Post
Repackaged Austrian military ammo . . . there was a lot of it came during the 1960s with dates of 1958 - 1961 . . . if the bullets are anything except FMJ, then the projectiles are replacements. Interarms bought up shiploads of European milsurp ammo & brought it in, typically selling it under their own name. Sometimes they replaced the bullets, sometimes not. The UK, france & Austria were the primary sources at the time. Much the same thing as the S. Korean & other milsurp carried by Century Arms, Sportsmen's Guide, Cheaper'n'Dirt or similar operations today.

Headstamp is "OJP" not "GJP"

Posts: 219 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Iconoclast, thanks for the reply, If you know of anyone who would like to have these the price is exactly what I paid $00.00............JJ

" venator ferae bestiae et aquae vitae "

Posts: 593 | Location: Southern WV, USA | Registered: 03 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iconoclast
posted Hide Post
JJ - give 'em to someone locally. These really aren't worth the freight. Nice of you to offer, though.

Posts: 219 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote