Notify
Tools

WR Explora 12 bore
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted
Hello

Just picked up a 12 bore 2 piece brass case, WR patent RN Hollow brass cap round.
Headstamp Kynoch, Grouse Ejector 12 bore

http://i.pbase.com/o6/64/83966...seejector1002586.JPG

What is it worth ?

Thanks
Nitro

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
2 Piece ?

What do you mean ?

(photo doesn't want to show for me)

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
500N

picture shows it all.
there is a base like a modern plastic hull and a brass upper.
Other than that I cannot tell how it is made.

Nitro

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Theres no picture showing mate .Best you have another go at posting it , cos without the pic no one except you knows what this cartridge looks like .

Be pleased to try and give you some information , but need the pic....

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4454 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Is this it ?

It seems to fit your description.

http://www.shoppalstores.com/G...subcatid/0/id/503243

Edit
I've never seen one before like that and can't remember even seeing it in the WR catalogue.

I'm not saying this one is but just be aware that some people have made "Explora"
and "Paradox" ammo for cartridge collections / collectors. They have tried to pass them
off as "original" but didn't now that both my mate and I knew a bit more about them
than they did.

On saying that, the lettering does look right.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Assuming that the cartridge in question is the same as the one in 500N's link then it is the genuine article. projectile style and profile is correct , headstamp is correct , case type with base cup is correct.

These Exploras pre-date the more commonly seen Super Magnum Explora with the pointed projectile , and are loaded to a lesser veocity than the Super Magnums.

Whats it worth ? Has anyone got the CD with Buttweillers listings and ralisations ? That would give you a reliable price. I cant say because the market in the US is differant to the market here.

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4454 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Hello All,

Been south of the border for work.

Yes, exact same cartridge.
More original condition, ie. has not been cleaned.
I was happy to pay what I paid.
Just trying to assign a value for Insurance.

Nitro

DRSS, BASA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
At least a couple of hundred $$$$ if for insurance.