Notify
Tools

25-270 ICL????????
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of cordell
posted
Hello All,
I am lost with this designation. What does the ICL stand for on the wildcat 25-270 ICL??? Thanks in advance and God bless.

cordell

Posts: 336 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 09 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
cordell

I think it stands for Improved Cartridge Loading but I could be wrong. Do a search for ICL and you'll get several pages of hits.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
I got out my parker ackley books,and while it lists many icl cartridges,it doesnt say what"ICL" means.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cordell
posted Hide Post
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the input. I have been all over the net trying to find what ICL stands for and can't find a thing. I have been through Donnelly's and Ackly and still can't come up with a clue. I put another post on our Wildcat site but not a bite yet. If you come up with anything please let me know I am stumped on this one. Take care and God bless. P.S. I did hear that it might be " Improved Chamber Length" and had to be hand loaded to the particular rifle but!!??? I am still not sure. cordell

cordell

one of us
posted Hide Post
One of my references notes that this cartridge was designed by Arnold Juenke.
IIRC his company is still around, perhaps a phone call would yield some answers? Search for references to the Juneke Machine that is used to straighten slightly bent cartridges ( abench resters toy)

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
my ackley book has the address for the juenke business,but it is 30 years old.I can supply it if interested

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cordell
posted Hide Post
Hello jb,Tailgunner and Cheechako,
Thanks for the input on the ICL cartridges. I got in touch with a friend at AEM Enterprises and found out the following. "They were indeed made by the Jeunke brothers, Arnold and Vern. Arnold has passed but Vern is still located in Reno Nevada. I have spoken with him and here is what I can tell you. They started advertising the ICL line in 1949 in the American Rifleman magazine and introduced at least one new cartridge a month for over a year. They owned the Santa Monica Gun Shop and it's subsidiary, Saturn Arms" My friend then went on to give me a rather lengthy list of the cartridges offered by the brothers and the corresponding base cartridge. Thanks again for your help, and God bless you and yours.

cordell

one of us
Picture of cordell
posted Hide Post
Hello All,
Thanks to Nevmavrick on the Wildcat site the following is the correct description of the ICL listing. It stands for Increased Capacity Loading. Again take care and God bless.

cordell

one of us
posted Hide Post
Cordell
Your friend, and my reference, are very closely related Big Grin I dug my reference out of AccuLoad's data base.
Did he give you any idea on when they would be releasing the next version? It was still in Beta testing the last time I spoke with them.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cordell
posted Hide Post
Tailgunner,
You are correct, my friend is closely related to AccuLoad Wink. I am informed that with a "little luck" AccuLoad 3 should be on the market this Thursday. I can't wait to see the new format and additional cartridges, the last count was 2,021 Big Grin. Take care and God bless you and yours.

cordell

one of us
Picture of cordell
posted Hide Post
Tailgunner,
It may be available tomorrow. Take care and God bless.

cordell

one of us
Picture of cordell
posted Hide Post
Tailgunner,
Have you received your AccuLoad 3 yet? This updated program is fantastic!!! cordell

one of us
posted Hide Post
It showed up last week, didn't get a chance to do much more than load it however.