New
Find
Notify
Tools

8ga
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am not sure how hard they are to find but yesterday I was in Jaquas in Findlay, OH and they have 8ga slugs (3oz) for $2 each.
Just one of the many cool things to look at there.

I am one gun away from being happy

Posts: 900 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of byf42
posted Hide Post
who makes them? are they recent manufacture?

*We Band of 45-70er's*

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Posts: 497 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I did not look at them that closely.
Here is a link to the shop

http://www.jaquas.com/

I am one gun away from being happy

Posts: 900 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of byf42
posted Hide Post
they didn't have any on there... damn! Frowner

*We Band of 45-70er's*

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Posts: 497 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
what are the bullet diameter and weights? You just kind of wonder if a guy could build one of these on one of Tomo's Wickliffe actions...?

Rich
DRSS
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Idaho
Get one of Ed Hubels new 8ga From Hell built, and than you can use the "industrial" slugs for light plinking duties. IIRC he's putting a rim onto and straightening out 20mm Hispano-Suza cases for that one.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote