Find
Notify
Tools

Target .38
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
plastic bullets and cases. Never saw them before.

Posts: 6351 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Been around a long time I think I have a box some place.

Posts: 19303 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Indoor target practise rounds. uses the primer to propell the rubber projectile.

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4454 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MeMe
posted Hide Post
I bought 2 doz. boxes of cases and projectiles 20 years ago at state surplus for $2.50. CHP did not like them for practice. I think they are fun. They will shoot through an old piece of carpet at 7 yards that I used as a backstop.

Posts: 360 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Speer made them in 357 and 44 for many years. We used them to shoot pigeons in the barn and machine shed. Had to be careful, they would go thru a galvanized tin roof if you weren't.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They are still made, plastic cases and bullets in .38 and .44, plastic bullets in .45, all about .17-19 cents each at Grafs. Really fun and cheap shooting since they are many times reusable and only take a L. pistol primer/shot.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Still have the plastic 'bullets" loaded with # #12 shot as a snake shot in a .44 spl. However I must confess that during my college days in the dark ages,I loaded .45 L.C. cases,primer only + in inserted the case mouth in wax. I then dripped a bit of honey on a copy of Moby Dick.Best use for that novel I have found. I just waited for the flies,then took my target practice through out the night.Ah,the things you learn in college.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I Still have everything one needs.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LOts of sooty stuff out of .357, but fun all in all.

Posts: 1065 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote