New
Find
Notify
Tools

50 BMG Brass pick up west side of Oahu
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My son found this 50 BMG Brass while goat hunting the west side of Oahu a few years ago. I have been unable to identify the headstamp (I assume 1944) where was it made??
Any info is appreciated, I have looked on the interweb for hours with out any results.

Thanks!!

After more time on the web I wonder if the stamp/striker at the plant in Iowa was broken & that should be a D as in Des Moines?

Posts: 2351 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tsturm:
My son found this 50 BMG Brass while goat hunting the west side of Oahu a few years ago. I have been unable to identify the headstamp (I assume 1944) where was it made??
Any info is appreciated, I have looked on the interweb for hours with out any results.

Thanks!!

After more time on the web I wonder if the stamp/striker at the plant in Iowa was broken & that should be a D as in Des Moines?

Found one here that looks like the D is failing?

Posts: 2351 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Off the coast of SC at Myrtle Beach two years ago during beach re-nourishment a number of 1943 stamped 50 cal cases turned up on the beach when dredge material was pumped in. Also a few spent projectiles.

Posts: 3672 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes,
Does Moines, Iowa is correct. 1944.
Zac