New
Find
Notify
Tools

WWII .45 ammo
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
One box/20 cartridges, of Frankford arsenal "Pistol Ball Caliber .45 M1911 Ammunition Lot F.A. 1301". It's unopened and the cardboard box is in excellent condition. I have no idea as to worth, but I'd be more interested in a trade of some sort than money.

What you got?

Posts: 382 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have several boxes that seem the same but are marked WCC. Mine have 50 rounds in them.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got a box of 20 rounds dated pre-WWI; unfortunately a couple of the rounds decided to commence self-detruction due to corrosive elements, heh, heh.

Posts: 148 | Location: back in the USA | Registered: 28 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shot a few FA 43 lots of airdropped to French Resisntance ammunition with a case that is not made of brass.

They all fired without any problem 50 years later and all cases were broken in length after shooting.

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Edmond

Those 45 ACP cases were made of steel.

I had a friend in the late 60's early 70's that used them for bullseye shooting. He reloaded them several times and they always worked fine.
He used a carbide sizing die and a little case lube.

The best thing about them was that he could pick up his brass at a Match with a magnet mounted on a broomhandle... Cool

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote