Notify
Tools

Re: Need help with my collection
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

2.7 Kolibri auto-------45 to 60 US$
577 tyranasaur------15-20
I think their called tround (the triangle rounds)------there are many calibers ranging from 3-5 $ to multiple 10s
13mm Gyrojet-------------25-35 $
55 and 64 Maynard shot shells--------not sure; empty cases have some value, too
Several types of cassless-------15$ and up depending on rarity
577 NE--------about 20$
600NE----------depends on headstamp--30$ and up
700 Nitro Express--------depends on headstamp --50$ and up, mostly up.

You should look at www.auctionarms.com in the collectable cartridge area to get an idea of current prices.

If you decide to sell them, be aware that live ammunition MUST NOT go via US Mail----no sales to other countries. Also, be sure to collect extra $ for UPS delivery--typically 8 or 10 $.

the_captn

Posts: 238 | Location: earth | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I picked up a large cartridge collection a few years ago and I would like to know what it is worth and if there would be any demand for it. If anyone could help with information as to what it is worth or how to find out, it would be appreciated. Thanks

Just a few of the cartridges I would guess some where from around 2000.

2mm rimfire

2.7 Kolibri auto

577 tyranasaur

I think their called tround (the triangle rounds)

13mm Gyrojet

55 and 64 Maynard shot shells

Several types of cassless

577,600, and 700 Nitro Express

I have Cartridges Of The Word and I have about every cartridge they list and more.

Posts: 5 | Location: PA | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Selling individual cartridges via AuctionArms or Gunbroker will get you the fair value of your goodies , but you must start out safe in the knowledge that 95% of the value in your collection is in 10% of the cartridges - the rest you wont get a bean for and will either have to give away or shoot or wonder why you ever bought them in the first place . All collections are like that , the value is in the best bits.

If you can persist with on-line selling for long enough you will recover a lot of money, but it wont be a short term thing . Good Luck.

Posts: 4454 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the help and input.

Scott yes I would sell it.

How do I find the ones that are not in Cartridges of the world? What is a better book?

Posts: 5 | Location: PA | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
E-mail me, I might be interested in some of it.~~~~~~~~~~~scott

Posts: 343 | Location: Dallas Texas | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
Try this...http://members.aol.com/mg64guy/

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, but I have all of those listed there.~~~~~~~~~~~~~scott

Posts: 343 | Location: Dallas Texas | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote