New
Find
Notify
Tools

Older Winchester-Western 375 H&H Magnum Ammo ID
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I I just picked up a box of NOS Winchester-Western 375 H&H Magnum ammunition in a white cardboard box with the big red Super X on the front. The cartridge dividers are cardboard as well. These are 270 grain Power Point (S.P.) with the following markings: Winchester Western Super X, 375 H&H Magnum, X375H1, Lot # 54PL61, the cases are W-W Super headstamped.

This is a plain white box with red and blue markings / lettering. There is the: "Warning Keep out of reach of children" in small letters under the large Super X logo. It also has in even smaller letters under that warning: Read all warnings on package before using.

Does anyone know how old or about how old these are? They are in very nice condition; no corrosion on the brass case or exposed lead tip.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1597 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a box just like that that is from 1986 or '87. I have no idea how long W-W used that particular box.

Posts: 712 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got a box of white, red, and orange Winchester-Olin Super X 375 HH Silvertips. I figure they are from the 70s.

My box has black ink print and says X375H2.

The back had WINCHESTER in cursive red writing.

Posts: 10609 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10609 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow Thanks!!! Quite a resource there! 1979

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1597 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote