Find
Notify
Tools

Question, please!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TrapperP
posted
I have a quantity of items from an estate that I purchased and am gradually working my way through. In so doing, I have found some real 'treasures.' - I think.
1] Several cartridges the likes of which I have never seen, I believe the headstamp is "41 LOA' but did not have a lope so not really sure.
2] Several ronds of 45LC with the old balloon head cases.
3] A quantity of Kynoch 303 brass cases, all with Boxer style primers.
4] A 1953 copy of Lyman's loading guide – think it would be safe to use any of the loads listed?
Now, do any of these have any value?
Also have several other items that might be of interest to someone that collects, empty boxes such as 45/70, etc. and full boxes of ammo such as a box of Peters 38/55, two slip top boxes of Remington 7X57 Mauser, etc. Not quite sure what other treasures will turn up.
Any and all info appreciated.

Lord, give me patience 'cuz if you give me strength I'll need bail money!!
'TrapperP'

Posts: 3742 | Location: Moving on - Again! | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wesley timmerman
posted Hide Post
TrapperP,
I am interested in empty and full boxes of Peters,Winchester etc.. Send me some pics at wesleytim@yahoo.com along with prices.
Thanks
Wesley

Posts: 672 | Location: south carolina | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Trapper

Sorry, you didn't hit the lottery. Those are common cartridges.

The 41 is LDA for Long Double Action. For the old Colt DA revolvers.

The loose rounds may sell for a buck or two, one at a time, if you have the time. The loading book is probably worth more than all the cartridges. The boxes will go for whatever Wesley will give you.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TrapperP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wesley timmerman:
TrapperP,
I am interested in empty and full boxes of Peters,Winchester etc.. Send me some pics at wesleytim@yahoo.com along with prices.
Thanks
Wesley

Wesley, you have PM.

Lord, give me patience 'cuz if you give me strength I'll need bail money!!
'TrapperP'

Posts: 3742 | Location: Moving on - Again! | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote