New
Find
Notify
Tools

30-40 Krag rounds
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey guys friend of mine found a box of what appears to be period 30-40 krag rounds some of which have whitish tips and are headstamped W.R.A.Co. Army 30, any value to these should I clean up the shells prior to selling? texasbadger@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 84 | Location: Dallas Texas | Registered: 19 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To clarify, the box is not related to the shells and most have the nickel plated military bullets not the soft points, have photos if interested.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Texas

No one else has answered so I'll give you my 2 cents.

Without knowing any more detail than what you have given, I'd say you have some very ordinary 30-40 cartridges with little or no collector value. It's even questionable whether or not they are suitable for firing. So I'd say make the best of them as you can, which won't be much. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Theres about fifty of them, I figured the value to be in the casings it was on a shelf at estate sale, no biggie. Thanks

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
The "value" is more likly that you found 50, 220gr FMJs, for reloading. An oddity nowdays.

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote