Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

German .25-35 case
 Login/Join

posted
I have one German .25-35win caliber case. Head marks are; clock 12: DWM, clock3: K, clock6: 519, and clock9: K Case is for berdan primer. How obsolete this case is, when and which factory have been made theese cartridges? Thanks for all information about this case.

Posts: 9 | Location: Finland | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
tmk

DWM K is Deutsche Waffen u. Munitionsfabriken, Karlsruhe, Germany. I don't know the codes for the other numbers so can't give you a date of manufacture. How obsolete is it? That's like asking how pregnant is your girlfriend? Wink There have been no rifles made in this caliber in the U.S.A. for more than 60 years but I can't say about other countries. I know that some pistol shooters use it for metallic silhouette and some use it in Cowboy action matches. I think Winchester still makes ammunition, and probably others as well..

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know the date code but the "519" is the cartridge case number for the 6.5x52R (25-35 Win).In 1935 it was offered by DWM in 3 loads, all using a 118.8gr Soft nose Tombac jacket bullet at velocities between 1870 and 2263 fps in a 24.5" barrel. Perhaps someone else can provide a date code altho most non-military cases weren't dated.

Bud W