Find
Notify
Tools

333 Jeffery
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted
Can anyone give any guidance as to value of original Kynoch sealed 10 round boxes of 333 Rimless Nitro-Express with 300 grain bullets (softs)? This is the old cardboard box with the red and yellow label. I received several boxes with an original Jeffery rifle, and not being a cartridge collector was curious about what it might be worth.

Thanks,
Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
i recall seeing some origional kynoch rounds in the larger calibers in 5 round boxes on auction arms or guns america going from a low of 40-45$ up to 75-90$ for the really large ones. i had bought a couple of boxes of 416 rigby for 65$ per box. this ammo was over 60 years old and the only round i fired went bang immediatly.

Posts: 15 | Location: louisiana | Registered: 12 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
bigbore416,

Thanks for the reply. I have seen some of those auctions as well. I have also seen individual Kynoch rounds of various calibers advertised in the $6 to $20 range, unless they were a really rare or large caliber. In any case these were a nice bonus in my rifle purchase [Smile] .

Regards,
Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$40 - 50.00 / box depending on condition of the box.

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote