Find
Notify
Tools

Brass and Cartridge Collector Value
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted
Several years ago, right after the birth of the 308 Marlin Express cartridge I bought a bunch of once fired brass with the thought I'd reload for it. I suspect the cartridges were fired by some company that was either testing the ammunition or their firearms as the guy had a lot of it to sell. I've found a number of cases that have no head stamp at all and several that are head stamped "Hornady 308 Match." Does this have any collector value?

The second question regards 375 JDJ cartridges marketed by Thompson/Center for a short time a quite a few years ago with a Thompson/Center head stamp. Some time ago one web site was trying to sell them for $8 each. I was wondering what my pristine boxes of virgin unfired cartridges might be worth.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bigbird34
posted Hide Post
I don't think the brass is worth to much....BUT the 375 JDJ Might bring some pretty good dollars in for a collector ,A box of ammo in real good shape would sell for over $50.00 easily,I would suspect....

I own a 375 JDJ,and have some original rounds,but I reload so those original rounds,are in the safe !

Good luck,

Bigbird34

Posts: 126 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 16 February 2008Reply With Quote