Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

577 REWA
 Login/Join

posted
I would like to find a 577 REWA for my collection. Ammo-one and Colcart have been checked and I have done a search on Google. Anyone know where I might find this rare cartridge? Thanks

Posts: 20 | Location: SD | Registered: 08 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would try and contact Westley Richards. I know that they carry a bunch of the Kynoch ammo and may be able to help you secure some. You might have to buy a box of five, but you can keep a couple and probably sell the rest. Just a thought.

Posts: 1641 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim

Are you looking for an original REWA? You will not find one and get change from a 100 dollar bill. Also this is probably not the best site to be asking since they are really a specialized collectors item and the average guy has never seen one. Try a cartridge collector's forum.

http://cartridgecollectors.org/forum/index.php?sid=b8cb...3f55770cef74c496c16d

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I lucked into an original 577 REWA with a solid bullet. I received it this week. It is awesome cartridge. I never expected to find one.

Cheechako; you were right about not getting any change back from a hundred dollar bill.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two, an original, and one made by Imperial cartridge Co ,what does your headstamp say on yours ? mine just says ''577 REWA'' on the original round

Posts: 625 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The headstamp has a K on the bottom and 577 REWA on the top.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim just checked mine again and yes it has a K on it with a nickel jacketed solid , had an opportunity to get a 4 bore Rewa but waited to long and missed out ,do have an imperial cartridge co 4 bore Rewa though .I think i paid about 60 or $70 u.s for my 577 Rewa

Posts: 625 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote