THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CARTRIDGE COLLECTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Cartridge Collecting    7.65mm Ball Pistol PL M76 Lot 01 FNB 83 Oxyless Non Mercuric
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

7.65mm Ball Pistol PL M76 Lot 01 FNB 83 Oxyless Non Mercuric
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The title says it all. I searched through page 11 and nothing. The headstamps are 7.65 FNB 83. Is this ammunition corrosive or non-corrosive? I am assuming it is made by FN Belgium? It is nice looking stuff in little 25 rd square plastic pocket packs.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1597 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I called FNUSA the other day and also emailed FNH in Belgium. FNUSA was zero help. They have no information on any ammunition except the 5.7 round. I told them that I also emailed FNH and the rep laughed that they would fwd my question to him and that he didn't like to deal with them as they all speak French.

Well surprize surprize, FNH responded to my email and stated definitively that Oxyless means non-corrosive. I am thrilled as my friend has 1,500 rds of the stuff and it shoots great. It is berdan and non reloadable though, if I didn't mention that earlier.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1597 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote