New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5 X 53R
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have a couple of cartridges they would sell? I need factory loadings.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1502 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I do not have any.

Jim

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
No, but have you looked in Donnaly's book on Cartridge Conversions as well as COW #2. I know it will not have the correct headstamp but you can make it work for you.If you do not have Donnaly's book ,let me know + I will look it up + forward you the info.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of bulk packs of military 6,5x53R ammo, and maybe even an old box of Kynoch sporting ammo. The problem, as always, is shipping. I have no idea how to ship ammo as a private individual anymore.

I probably also have several rounds of fired 6,5x53R brass made from .303 British cases (easy to make) but you asked for "factory loadings".

Posts: 964 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think UPS handles ammo. I have received ammo before through them. The post office has a regulation against shipping.

NRA life member
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1502 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sent pm

NRA life member
NRA Golden Eagles member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is correct on shipping. UPS or Fed ex can ship loaded rounds but USPS can not.It should cost a pittance for one round.I just shipped 60 lbs. of M1 Garand ammo in the en bloc clips in the original bandoliers across country for $88.00.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To ship just one cartridge will cost on average about $12 to $15. UPS & FedEx are both front loaded. You pay for one pound minimum.
Zac

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice work if you can get it.